Gratitude is the best Medicine. It Heals your Mind, Your Body, Your Spirit and Attracts More things to be Grateful for.
Its easy to feel and connect to gratitude when something good happens to us: a promotion, the birth of a baby, taking the trip of your dreams.
Its not so easy to connect to that same gratitude when feeling the heaviness of the world: the loss of a loved one, going through a divorce, living with depression.
And yet that is the exact time when gratitude is most needed and most potent.
When we can be thankful for what we have outside of the source of our stress... I may be going through a divorce yet I am still grateful for my beautiful baby girl, my job, my health, my passion for life.... or better yet when we can be
thankful for the stressor itself
... like when that driver cuts me off and I want nothing more than to unleash my righteous road rage on his a#$, that is exactly the perfect moment for me to practice the patience and compassion I have been asking to cultivate in my life.
So instead of cursing and screaming like a mad woman, I am given the opportunity to take a breath, send a smile, and let the anger and high vibrating aggressive energy just roll right through me and out, fizzling into nothingness as I return to a steady state of peace. When we can do that... well that is when we connect to
the infinite Love & Wisdom within our Hearts,
the limitless Love and Potential the Universe holds for us.
So this November, as I have done for the past seven years I am inviting my friends and community to join me as we share our gratitude for all things big and small. Take time to jot it down, whether in a journal or in a more public form. When we take the time each day to express our gratitude and reflect upon it, we start to nourish it, allowing it to grow and fill us with liquid gold of peace, love and hope. We start to really see all the blessings we already have. To acknowledge the gifts our challenges truly represent. We feed the good we have with energy and attention and allow it to organically fill and uplift us and prepare us for even greater things to come.
I am honored that the NJ Yoga Collective has teamed up with our very own Flow Paddle Yoga to turn this invitation into a practice we can share far and wide. Together we can connect to gratitude and uplift our spirits and uplevel our outlook on life.
Enter to win a free week of yoga at one of our 22 participating studios join our online Sharing Immersion via Facebook or Instagram by joining.
Details at NJ Yoga Collective
- Jiva Hot Yoga in Fords, NJ
- Ohana Rising Yoga School in Ocean Grove, NJ
- Jersey Shore Hot Yoga in Avon by the Sea, NJ
- Bee You Kids Yoga, Manasquan, NJ
- Yoga Peace Kula in Belmar and Howell, NJ
- Synergy Hot Yoga in Fair Haven, NJ
- Honor Yoga, East Brunswick, NJ
- Inlet Yoga, Manasquan, NJ
- Monmouth Beach Yoga in Monmouth Beach, NJ
- Hot or Not Yoga in Manahawkin, NJ (donating a full month of yoga!)
- Bask Hot Yoga, Brick and Jackson, NJ
- Pearl Yoga, Keyport, NJ
- Yoga + Herbs, Englishtown, NJ
- Tula Yoga, Long Branch and Aberdeen, NJ
- Powerflow Yoga in Asbury Park, NJ
- Selfless Love Yoga, Atlantic Highlands, NJ
- Kur Wellness Studios, Asbury Park, NJ
- Drishti Power Yoga, Sea Girt (giving an intro month to one new student and a bMat!)
- Evenflow Yoga, Red Bank, NJ
- POE Yoga, Fair Haven, NJ
- Yoga Essence, New Providence and Lebanon, NJ
- AB Fitness, Sea Bright, NJ