Home for all things love, yoga, whole and green
Sally S Bruno E-RYT 200, RYT 500, an east coast native of Egyptian roots, started exploring with yoga in 2007. She was looking for something to calm her mind and ease her anxiety. Listening to her body and connecting with her breath helped her meet herself, mentally and emotionally. Sally could barely hold a chatturanga! (yoga pushup) at age 29 and suffered from chronic insomnia, neck and stomach pain. Yoga transformed her life for the better. After practicing daily asana, her anxiety dissipated, physical ailments subsided, and postures that were once difficult became joyful to experience. She grew stronger and more importantly found the peace and clarity she sought.
Sally's teaching style is lyrical and inspired, rooted in sound biomechanics and creative expression. Teaching to all levels of students from true beginners to advanced seasoned practitioners, Sally offers simple modifications and advanced expressions all while keeping the class steadily flowing forward. Interweaving ancient tradition with modern training techniques, Sally's flows are fun and exciting and accessible to all. She teaches at several local yoga studios and is also available for private and group classes. Her teaching specialties include: vinyasa, Dharma Yoga, Acro Yoga, Barkan Hot Yoga, Kids Yoga, Chair Yoga, Restorative Yoga, Pre-Natal, Post-Natal, Baby and Me, SUP Yoga, flexibility classes, bodyART
Sally leads yoga teacher trainings, retreats and workshops internationally and locally. Destinations include Tulum Mexico, Costa Rica, Egypt, Thailand, and Dubai. Sally loves helping people find connection with their bodies, their voice, their breath; To find strength where they feel they are weak; To break through their barriers; To find their own journey and feel comfortable in their own skin.
Sally’s Personal Paths of Learning:
- Dharma Mittra, Life of a Yogi: 500Hr TT
- Jimmy Barkan Method of Hot Yoga: 200H TT
- Jimmy Barkan Method Advanced Level 2/3 Vinyasa: 80H TT
- EvenFlow Yoga Teacher Training: 200Hr TT
- Radiant Child Yoga Level 1/2/3, Happily Ever Now: 70Hr TT
- Mentor under kinesiologist, shaman, energy healer
- elevatED Flexibility Teacher Training
- Certified International bodyART Instructor Level 1
- WPA Class 1 Certified (World Paddle Association)
- PaddleFit Core Certified
- International and Public Affairs B.A., Princeton University